Winter Maintenance Inspection
Complete Inspection & Repair Service
Water Heater, Compression Tank, Faucets, Drains, Exterior Spigots and Exposed Pipes
Winter causes many plumbing related problems. Call Pete’s Plumbing Inc. today and allow us to help you winterize your home. Our expert technicians will conduct a thorough review of your home and advise you on the areas of concern and the best methods to protect exposed pipes and other problem areas. Taking time to handle these issues while the weather is good is the best way to protect your pocket book when the temperatures drop below freezing.
Winter maintenance inspections are done for a very reasonable fee. Trust us when we tell you that an Emergency Plumbing call, to handle broken pipes, can run substantially more. Don’t be penny wise and pound foolish. Call us today at 770-442-3934 and get prepared for Winter.
Winter Inspection Special Offer!
Pete’s Plumbing, Inc. specializes in residential plumbing, commercial plumbing, water heater installation and sewer system services, with referrals on septic tank issues. We are a second generation, family owned and operated business, with more than 50 years experience. Our firm serves Atlanta, Alpharetta, Marietta, Roswell, Cumming and all other metro suburban communities.
February, the month of Love
February is traditionally the month we show our love and affection to those special people in our lives. The list always includes spouses, parents, grandparents, children and many other family members. Your list should also include the plumber. It may seem strange to some but these are just some of the reasons the plumber should make the list..
1. Can fix any plumbing problem quickly with the parts on their truck
2. They clean up some really disgusting problems
3. Maintain the plumbing system so everything keeps moving
4. Saves you money by performing preventative maintenance along the way
5. Trained and skilled in their trade
Winter Is On The Way
The month of January hit us hard with severe cold weather resulting in frozen and busted pipes. February could bring us one more cold spell. Be prepared! If you have frozen pipes in your home you will LOVE having a plumber arrive at your home in a timely manner.
Plumbing problems are always unplanned events. Prior planning can prevent expensive repairs and damage to your home. January & February are the coldest months in our area. Frozen/Burst Pipes can be a problem and left unchecked can cause thousands of dollars in water damage to your home. There are some simple measures that you can take before it gets cold to prevent frozen pipes.
1. Insulate pipes in your crawlspace and attic if there is no heat source present
2. Electric Heat Tape can be used for exterior piping in barns and outbuildings
3. Seal air leaks that allow cold air inside where pipes are located.
4. Disconnect garden hoses from the outside spigot and install a foam cover to protect the spigot. These foam covers are commonly referred to as “Dolly Parton’s” at the hardware stores.
When the temperature drops below freezing for several days there are some additional steps you can take to prevent frozen/burst pipes.
1. Open any cabinets where the faucets back up to an exterior wall. The warm air circulating under the sink will keep the pipes from freezing.
2. A trickle of hot & cold water will also keep the pipes from freezing as moving water takes much longer to freeze.
3. If you are going away set the thermostat no lower than 55 degrees.
What You Should You Do If Your Pipes Do Freeze
If your pipes do freeze there are some important things you must do to prevent water damage to your home. If you turn on the faucets and nothing comes out, leave the faucet on and call your plumber. If the pipe has burst turn off the water at the main shutoff and call your plumber. Your plumber has several ways to thaw out your pipes that will not cause further damage to your home.
So when you’re preparing your Valentine’s cards this year be sure to include your plumber on the list.
Cities We Service: Atlanta, Alpharetta, Ball Ground, Berkeley Lake, Buford, Canton, Chamblee, Crabapple, Cumming, Dawsonville, Duluth, Dunwoody, East Cobb, Freehome, Marietta, Milton, Mount Bethel, Mountain Park, Norcross, Peachtree Corners, Roswell, Sandy Plains, Sandy Springs, Sugar Hill & Woodstock